Great American Outboard Race- Dayton Record Runs Regatta
8/25/2012 – 8/26/2012
DAYTON RECORD RUNS ASSOCIATION # 316
Dayton, OH Hydrobowl
From I-75, Exit Harshman Road, go east ten (10) miles to Eastwood Lake.
Local Hotels in Area; check DRRA's Facebook page for latest suggestions and best rates.
Saturday - All Classes will run on 1 mile, 3 lap course
Sunday - will run a 3/4 mile, 4 lap course.
Total distance = 3 miles per heat. Approved for Records.
Trophies or certificates for J and AX Classes. JoAnn Ellis Fast Lap Award, Harry O'Brien High Point Award and Bob Trolian Junior Award.
Friday, 8/24 3 p.m. until ??? in Pits.
Saturday, 8/25, 7 a.m. until 7:30 a.m. in Pits.
Sunday, 8/26, 7 a.m. until 7:30 a.m. in Pits.
8 am both days in Pits.
All Classes: $40 per class plus applicable Region 6 tax.
Entry blanks may be e-mailed to - email@example.com - as long as sent before Wednesday, August 24th. You may also just email Vicki your name, APBA number, boat number and classes if you can't send an entry blank.
Race Director (3484) EDWARD HEARN, 814 N 400 EAST, VALPARAISO, IN
Referee (2060) MARK WHEELER, 2690 TIMBERLEAF LN, KALAMAZOO, MI
Assistant Referee (8738) DEAN SUTHERLAND, 9405 YORK WOODS DR, SALINE, MI
Inspector (156) THOMAS JOHNSTON, 11880 PRESTON RD, BRITTON, MI
Inspector (1147) DAVID BRILL, 1082 ROGER SCOTT DR, BELLBROOK, OH
Inspector (2502) TIM SIDOR, 6034 MYERS LAKE AVE NE, ROCKFORD, MI
Scorer (73571) VICTORIA SIDOR, 6034 MYERS LAKE AVE NE, ROCKFORD , MI
Risk Manager (7168) JOE PATER, 2511 RIVERWOOD TERRACE, SAINT JOSEPH, MI
Surveyor (7944) THOMAS SUTHERLAND, 6025 TORY LN, CHELSEA, MI
1. All classes race both days. Note: 45SS will NOT run at this event.
2. Fewer than four (4) entries may result in class combination.
3. Camping is permitted only by obtaining a Motorhome camping permit at registration. Tents are not permitted at Eastwood Park.
4. No alcoholic beverages in Park. Violate this rule and you may go to jail!
5. One mile records run on Saturday; Three-Quarter (3/4) mile Records on Sunday.
6. If we finish Saturday's schedule early, we may move into Sunday's.
7. Informational sheet will be passed out at registration which will govern race format and course rules.
8. Scheduling and/or course may change according to weather conditions or other circumstances warranting a change.
9. Motorized land vehicles, including scooters, motorcycles, mopeds, 4-wheelers, etc., may only be operated by licensed drivers and vehicle must be properly registered. Violate this rule and you will be ticketed by Park Officials. Minors who violate this rule may be taken into custody.
10. Driver's Party/Awards Ceremony Saturday Night.
11. Please check out race updates on Facebook: Dayton Record Runs
11. We have over 50 heats of racing each day. Your cooperation is appreciated.
This Regatta is sanctioned through APBA
All prizes are the responsibility of the conducting Club. APBA does not guarantee nor is it responsible for payment of prizes. You are advised that this event may be canceled prior to the race due to circumstances beyond the control of this association. If you plan to travel a long distance, it is recommended that you contact the race sponsor prior to your departure to ensure this event will take place.