(From North & West): Take I-77/64 S into W. Va. to exit 40. Take I-64 E to exit 139, then south on Route 20 approx. 15 miles through Hinton to Pits Rd. on left (approx. 5 miles south from Hinton), down to pits.
(From East): Take I-64 W to exit 139, then south on Rt. 20 approx. 15 miles, take Pits Rd. on left (approx. 5 miles south from Hinton), down to pits.
(From south): Take I-77 into W. Va. to exit 14 (Athens Rd exit), take Route 20 north 21 miles to Pits Rd. on right (just past Bluestone River Bridge), down to pits.
Hotel/lodge rooms: Pipestem Resort McKeever Lodge (10% room rate discount) 304.466.1800
Hotel: Sweet Rose Hotel (10% room rate discount) (NO Pets) 304.466.2040
Cabins/RV/Camping/tents: Bluestone State Park (10% discount) 304.466.2805
Private Suites: Guest House (Family-based Suites – no pets – no smoking) 304.466.8100
(ALL DISCOUNTS – MENTION YOU ARE WITH BOAT RACES)
3 laps, approx. 1 mile each lap, distance 3 miles. NOT approved for records.
Trophies for 1st, 2nd, 3rd places overall for Saturday’s races. Travis Pond Memorial Plaque awarded to 1st place in the class with the largest amount of Saturday’s entries.
Friday - afternoon–6:30 p.m. - in pits
Saturday - 8 a.m.-9 a.m. - in pits
Sunday - 8 a.m.-9 a.m. - in pits
Saturday - 9:30 a.m. - in pits. NOTE: Driver's Meeting for Sunday's racing - in pits - immediately after completion of Saturday's racing.
$35 per class, per day (all classes)
Pre-registration available by e-mail to Aimie Pond firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday May 30, 2012. By mail to Aimie Pond, 4701 Old Hundred Road, Midlothian, Va. 23112-4819, must be received by Wednesday May 30, 2012. Entry blanks can be printed from APBA website. Bring signed Minor Release Forms for ALL children attending race. Minor Release Forms can be printed from the APBA website.
Race Director (3300) CHRIS JOHNSON, 609 RITTERS LAKE ROAD, GREENSBORO, NC
Referee (8170) J DAVID AUGUSTINE SR, 323 OLD LINE AVE, LAUREL, MD
Inspector (2406) JERRY DAVIDS SR, 106 ALBERTA DR, NEWPORT NEWS, VA
Inspector (7958) STEVE DUNN, 1237 W COX FERRY RD, CONWAY, SC
Scorer (12956) AIMIE POND, 4701 OLD HUNDRED RD, MIDLOTHIAN, VA
Scorer (72090) JOYCE GOLLEY, 106 ALBERTA DR, NEWPORT NEWS, VA
Risk Manager (8310) ABBY POND, 5217 BASSETT AVE, RICHMOND, VA
1. Food concessions available during the day’s races.
2. Driver’s Awards Party/Dinner Saturday evening (site TBD), tickets on sale in pits throughout Saturday.
3. Absolutely NO boats on the water without signing the waiver and receiving a wrist band. Failure to follow will result in disqualification for the weekend. No exceptions.
4. Sanctioned testing on Friday 12:00-6:30pm. $20 per driver. Drivers must register for sanctioned testing by paying the $20 fee, signing the waiver, wearing a wrist band.
5. No one may enter the Restricted Pit Area (marked by mesh fencing) without signing the waiver and wearing a wrist band.
6. Classes without enough entries may be combined or canceled at the Race Committee’s discretion.
7. NO ALCOHOL IN ANY PIT AREAS!!! This is a State Park, law enforcement will be looking and strictly enforcing.
This Regatta is sanctioned through APBA
All prizes are the responsibility of the conducting Club. APBA does not guarantee nor is it responsible for payment of prizes. You are advised that this event may be canceled prior to the race due to circumstances beyond the control of this association. If you plan to travel a long distance, it is recommended that you contact the race sponsor prior to your departure to ensure this event will take place.