From North or South I-5, exit 120. Head west to JBLM-Lewis's North Main Gate, turn right at the first stoplight, onto San Francisco St. Take an immediate right onto NCO beach road. Follow NCO Beach Rd North/Northeast around to camping field and pit area.
Self contained camping in field; camper hookups at Northwest Adventure Center, both on base. Motels and Hotels off-base.
3 laps of an approximate 3/4 mile record course. Not approved for records.
Digital clock ~ OSY 400 will run a Jetty Start per 2012 rules.
Oregon Race Rescue
: LOCAL CLASS: Novice C Hydro
Awards for 1st-3rd for all classes on Saturday, approximately 1 hr after completion of final heat, in pits.
Prizes will be given out to all JH and JR participants.
7-13-2012 (Afloat in Boats): 9-10 AM
7-14/15-2012: 7:30-9 am
10 AM each day, in pits.
1st Class-$50 2nd Class-$35-3rd Class and beyond- $25
Kids rate-1st class $25-2nd class $15-3rd class and beyond $15
PRE-REGISTER ON LINE at www.seattleoutboard.org
OR, mail entry to Denise Johnson, 7314 SE 19th Ave. Portland, OR 97202
Race Director (6635) PATRICK GLEASON, 10608 95TH ST SW, TACOMA, WA
Race Director (13696) SHANE BURKHART, 1449 RICHMOND COURT, DUPONT, WA
Referee (1) RICK SANDSTROM, 9700 HARBOUR PL STE 126, MUKILTEO, WA
Assistant Referee (1487) W HOWARD SHAW, 3006 W. PRAIRIE BREEZE AVE, SPOKANE, WA
Inspector (2499) DAVID ANDERSON, 6626 NE 182ND ST APT 301, KENMORE, WA
Scorer (72026) DENISE JOHNSON, 7314 SE 19TH AVE, PORTLAND, OR
Risk Manager (963) KYLE BAHL, 5725 158TH ST SW, EDMONDS, WA
1) This race is on US Army Property, at Joint Base Lewis McChord. ALL ATTENDEES must be prepared to show photo ID to gain entrance to JBLM, AND apply for a temporary base permit or you will not be allowed onto the race site, no exceptions. If you have not applied for a base permit in advance, it is highly likely you will not be able to get onto the race site. If you have questions, please contact Patrick Gleason at 206 794-4597.
2) Camping fee for self-contained trailer/RV camping is $5.50 per night, payable to Northwest Adventure Center. NAC requests this be paid in advance if at all possible. Call them with your credit card # at 253 967-7744. Tell them you are with the regatta, and will be staying in overflow camping. There are also a number of Motels immediately off-base.
3) No testing on Friday.
4) Quiet time in Camp Ground is at 10 pm, enforced by MP.
5) Race Committee may retain 1st class entry fee if there is a blow-off.
6) All pets on leash. Please clean up after your own pets.
7) Fine for damaged or destroyed buoys to be assessed on-site by SOA Vice Commodore.
8) No Admittance to race site prior to 8 am 13 July 2012.
9) Scratches must be filed prior to the conclusion of Driver's Meeting for refund. Refunds must be taken care of before the conclusion of the weekend.
10) Sunday is a Region 10 Babcock race.
This Regatta is sanctioned through APBA
All prizes are the responsibility of the conducting Club. APBA does not guarantee nor is it responsible for payment of prizes. You are advised that this event may be canceled prior to the race due to circumstances beyond the control of this association. If you plan to travel a long distance, it is recommended that you contact the race sponsor prior to your departure to ensure this event will take place.