All start and finish at either Baker Park or Riverside Park in Grants Pass, Oregon
Available at local motels and campgrounds
1) Exhibition/Boat Show on the water in front of Riverside Park Friday May 23rd; 7 PM to 8:30 PM. Top finishers from Boatnik 2013 will make parade laps in front of the park prior to the Fireworks Show. Hydroplanes first, followed by sprint boats. The show will culminate with one drag boat starting it's motor for the crowd, then idling back to the pit area. This is Exhibition Only, No racing. As part of the boat show, one or two D Stock Runabouts will make a few passes in front of the crowd as well.
2) Sprint Boat Exhibition; Saturday May 24th and Sunday May 25th, 2014. 12 noon to 6 PM each day. Buoy course in front of Riverside Park, approximately 1/4 mile in length. Each boat will make 6 to 7 passes thru the course each day for time.
3) Inboard Drag Boat Exhibition; Saturday and Sunday May 24th and 25th, 2014, 12 noon to 6 PM each day. Boats run a set 1/4 mile course in front of Riverside Park. Each boat will make two to three passes per day. Boats run one at a time.
4) Hydroplane Time Trials; Sunday May 25th 2014, 10 AM to 12 Noon. Course Riverside Park to Park Riffle and back, total distance approximately 3/4 mile. Each boat will make one to two passes thru the course for time. Only one boat will be on the course at a time.
5) Whitewater Hydroplane Race; Monday May 26, 2014, 10 AM to 4 PM, Course Riverside Park to Robertson Bridge, 13 miles down river. Two lap race.
Hydro's Mass Start, Sprints flagged start, Drags, Light start
Rescue teams provided by; Josephine County Sheriff Department, Oregon State Marine Board, American Medical Response, Rural Metro Fire Department and Josephine County Search and Rescue.
1) Jet Sprints; by Invitation Only, Tow money per boat. Contact Grants Pass Active Club.
2) Drag Boat Exhibitioin; by Invitation Only, Tow money per boat. Contact Grants Pass Active Club
3) Whitewater Hydroplane Race and Time Trials. Prize money by finish. Contact Cal/Or River Racers
1) Jet Sprint, on arrival or Saturday May 24th. 9 AM Pit Area. Contact Grants Pass Active Club
2) Drag Boats, on arrival or Saturday May 24th. 9 AM Pit Area. Contact Grants Pass Active Club.
3) Hydroplanes, Club membership required. Contact Cal/Or River Racers. Late registration Monday 5/26, 8 AM Baker Park.
1) Jet Sprint, Saturday May 24 and Sunday May 25, 11 AM Baker Park'
2) Drag Boats, Saturday May 24 and Sunday May 25, 11 AM Baker Park.
3) Hydroplanes, Monday May 26th 11 AM Baker Park
1) Jet Sprint N/A, by invitation
2) Drag Boats, N/A, by invitation
3) Hydroplanes, Club Membership rerquired, contact Cal/Or River Racers for membership and entry fees.
1) Jet Sprint, Invitation Only. Contact GP Active Club
2) Drag Boats, Invitation Only. Contact GP Active Club
3) Hydroplanes, Club Membership required, Contact Cal/Or River Racers
Race Director (2341) JASON DEFOREST, 1093 NE SAVAGE ST, GRANTS PASS, OR
Referee (1722) LARRY DARNEILLE, 1899 MEADOW GLEN, GRANTS PASS, OR
Assistant Referee (3163) ROBERT WILLIAMS, 2427 S PHOENIX PL, ONTARIO, CA
Inspector (70477) JERRY HULL, 710 NW 2ND, GRANTS PASS, OR
Scorer (14459) WILMA HOFFMAN, P.O.BOX 230, KLAMATH , CA
Risk Manager (52186) RANDALL BROWN, 656 MCMULLEN CREEK RD, SELMA, OR
DSR Marathon has been added to this sanction for insurance purposes only.
The Grants Pass Active Club hosts Boatnik each year as a fund raiser to support various youth organizations and activities throughout Grants Pass and surrounding communities
This Regatta is sanctioned through APBA
All prizes are the responsibility of the conducting Club. APBA does not guarantee nor is it responsible for payment of prizes. You are advised that this event may be canceled prior to the race due to circumstances beyond the control of this association. If you plan to travel a long distance, it is recommended that you contact the race sponsor prior to your departure to ensure this event will take place.