The WILDWOODS NJ GOVERNOR'S CUP HYDROFEST - EPIC Series Event
9/13/2014 – 9/14/2014
SUNSET LAKE HYDROFEST ASSOCIATION #174
Greater Wildwoods Tourism Industry Development Authority; Borough of Wildwood Crest
Wildwood Crest, NJ Bay Area, Sunset Lake
From North: Garden State Parkway South, Exit 4-B. Follow Route 47 into Wildwood.
From West: Route 55 South to Route 47; then Route 347; then Route 47 into Wildwood. After bridge into Wildwood, travel to New Jersey Ave; turn right; travel 1-1/2 miles on NJ Ave. Follow signs to pits.
From South, Cape May-Lewes Ferry, follows signs for the Wildwoods.
Website has listing of motel hospitality partners: www.WildwoodsHydrofest.org Website links for you to view the property. Always mention Wildwoods Hydrofest. Or call Sunset Lake Hydrofest Assn. 609-889-9181. Motorhomes and Campers: Seashore Campsites 1-800-313-2267
5 laps of an approximate 1 mile course. NOT approved for records. Course Elevation 9 Ft.
Digital clock start
Region 4 Safety/Rescue Team
APBA/CBF Joint Sanction : SPECIAL EVENT: H350
PRIZES: Prize money: $600 per class for overall total points for the weekend. 50% prize money if class does not have a legal field both days of racing.
New Jersey Governor’s Cup Trophy and $250 (performance award)
Tow Money $50 Region 3 (NJ,PA,DE); $100 MD; $150 all others US and Canada.
PRE-REGISTRATION IS SUGGESTED. Friday, Sept. 12, BayView Inn, 5 to 9 pm
White box trailer in the pits, Sat. Sept. 13, 7 to 8:15 am. Sun. Sept. 14, 8:45 - 9:15 am
At the Gazebo: Saturday: 8:30 am Sharp! Sunday: 9:30 am
$120; $130 for JSS class. Entry fee includes Inboard Administration fee per weekend. PRE-REGISTRATION IS APPRECIATED. Make check payable to SLHA or Sunset Lake Hydrofest Association. Checks/cash received with pre-registration will not be deposited until after the event. Fee will be returned to any team that is a no-show. Fee can be paid at the race site.
PRE-REGISTER Form on www.WildwoodsHydrofest.org or apba.org (1) at other events - see Pati McMullen or Ann Fitzgerald. (2) Email to email@example.com (3) Fax your registration to Ann at 69-886-1568 OR (4) Mail to Pati McMullen, 685 Red Cedar Road, Annapolis, MD 21401.
Race Director (55) MARK J WEBER, 65655 MT VERNON RD, WASHINGTON TWP, MI
Race Director (2348) ANN FITZGERALD, 208 S RAILROAD AVE, RIO GRANDE, NJ
Referee (4208) JACK MEYER, 5009 E MANSLICK RD, LOUISVILLE, KY
Assistant Referee (3091) DAVID SHAW, 20414 SPANGLER DR, LINCOLN, DE
Inspector (6372) GEORGE KENNEDY JR, 637 CONNELL DR, BEAR, DE
Scorer (51126) PATI MCMULLEN, 685 RED CEDAR RD, ANNAPOLIS, MD
Risk Manager (53647) TOM STOCKER, 201 BROADWAY, VILLAS, NJ
1. EPIC Series Event
2. H350 class is included on this sanction in accordance with the Special Event Category. H350 racers must be APBA members or join APBA on a SingleEvent Membership.
3. Crew members must be either APBA or CBF members to receive a pit pass for the restricted areas. Crew members that are not members may get a guest pit pass for $10 or join APBA as an Associate Member which is valid for one year from date of joining
4. All equipment must comply with APBA general safety rules including the helmet rule (upper 50% must be solid red, orange, or yellow.
5. APBA, CBF and/or ACHA capsule training certificate must be current. Either is acceptable.
6. APBA inboard racing rules/format will be followed.
7. New Jersey law requires a boating safety certificate; certificate from other states and CA are acceptable.
8.. Preregistration and early arrival are important to make on-site registration process quicker.
9. TEAMS WITH BOX TRAILERS and WORK TRUCKS MUST contact race committee. Evening: Thom Heins, 610- 547-7843 or Day: Ann Fitzgerald 609-889-9181
10. Box trailers and work trucks will be parked outside fenced pit area. If space allows when all boats are in pits, some work trucks may have opportunity to move into cold pits per Thom Heins, Pit Boss.
11. Friday night, Pit Boss will park boats up to 11 pm. Gates will re-open Saturday morning at 6:30 am. If you are running close on arrival time, call Thom 610-547-7843
12. Fresh water is available for flushing engines
13. WELCOME PARTY at the BayView Inn, Friday evening 7:30 to 10 p.m. Hot and cold hors d'oeuvres provided. Dress should be either teamwear or APBA apparel.
14. OBSERVE INBOARD DRESS CODE - You are the show and you ARE being observed by our fans and spectators!
15. NO use of mini-bikes or ATV's in pits.
16. NO TOW VEHICLES IN PITS--there is not enough space.
17. Local ordinance prohibits tent camping and overnight parking of motorhome/campers.
18. Destroyed buoy $150.
This Regatta is sanctioned through APBA
All prizes are the responsibility of the conducting Club. APBA does not guarantee nor is it responsible for payment of prizes. You are advised that this event may be canceled prior to the race due to circumstances beyond the control of this association. If you plan to travel a long distance, it is recommended that you contact the race sponsor prior to your departure to ensure this event will take place.