2014 Travis Pond Memorial Regatta- Pro Eastern Divisionals & JR, JH, AXR, AXH North American Championships
5/31/2014 – 6/1/2014
CAROLINA VIRGINIA RACING ASSOCIATION # 178
West Virginia Water Festival Host Committee
Hinton, WV Bluestone Lake
(From North & West): Take I-77/64 S into W. Va. to exit 40. Take I-64 E to exit 139, then south on Route 20 approx. 15 miles through Hinton to Pits Rd. on left (approx. 5 miles south from Hinton), down to pits.
(From East): Take I-64 W to exit 139, then south on Rt. 20 approx. 15 miles, take Pits Rd. on left (approx. 5 miles south from Hinton), down to pits.
(From south): Take I-77 into W. Va. to exit 14 (Athens Rd exit), take Route 20 north 21 miles to Pits Rd. on right (just past Bluestone River Bridge), down to pits.
Cabins/RV/Camping: Bluestone State Park , 304.466.2805 ** Lodge: Pipestem Resort Mountain View Lodge, 304.466.1800
Hotels: New Briar Lodge (NO Pets), 304.466.4399 ** Sandman Motel , 304.466.1700 ** Nostalgia Inn (Pipestem), 304.433.0478 ** B & B: The Guest House, 877.854.2828
3 laps per heat on an approx. 3/4 mile course (not approved for records).
N.A. Championships: JR, JH, AXR, AXH Divisional Championships: PRO
Trophies for 1st, 2nd, 3rd places overall for Saturday’s races. Travis Pond Memorial Plaque awarded to 1st place in the class with the largest amount of Saturday’s entries.
Friday - in pits - 11am to 4 pm ** Saturday - in pits - 7:30 am to 8:30 am ** Sunday- in pits- 8 am to 8:30 am
Saturday - in pits- 9 am ** Sunday- in pits- 9 am
$35 per class, per day (all classes)
Pre-registration available by e-mail to Joyce Golley at firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday May 28, 2014.
By MAIL to Joyce Golley, 124 Salt Pond Rd, Hampton, VA 23664, must be received by Wednesday May 28, 2014.
Entry blanks can be printed from APBA website.
Bring Minor Release Forms for ALL children attending race to be signed in the presence of the Chief Scorer. Minor Release Forms can be printed from the APBA website.
Race Director (3300) CHRIS JOHNSON, 609 RITTERS LAKE ROAD, GREENSBORO, NC
Referee (8170) J DAVID AUGUSTINE SR, 323 OLD LINE AVE, LAUREL, MD
Assistant Referee (6958) JESSE SWAIN, 313 E SOUTH KITSON LANE, SYRACUSE, IN
Assistant Referee (10092) JOHN A HOWARD, 114 DANFORTH PL, WILMINGTON, DE
Inspector (2406) JERRY DAVIDS SR, 106 ALBERTA DR, NEWPORT NEWS, VA
Inspector (74560) JAMES WARREN, 2608 PALMETTO HALL BLVD, MT PLEASANT, SC
Scorer (12956) AIMIE POND, 4701 OLD HUNDRED RD, MIDLOTHIAN, VA
Scorer (72090) JOYCE GOLLEY, 106 ALBERTA DR, NEWPORT NEWS, VA
Risk Manager (8310) ABBY POND, 5217 BASSETT AVE, RICHMOND, VA
1. Bluestone Lake elevation: 1,421 ft., lake depth: up to 30 ft., GPS coordinates: 37.618326, -80.915508
2. Food concessions available during the day's races.
3. Driver's Awards Party/Dinner Saturday evening at Willow Wood Country Club, tickets on sale in pits throughout Saturday.
4. Absolutely NO boats on the water without signing the waiver and receiving a wrist band.
5. If weather permits, sanctioned testing will be held on Friday 12-6 pm. The cost will be $20 per driver. Drivers must register for sanctioned testing by paying the $20 fee, signing the waiver, wearing a wrist band.
6. No one may enter the Restricted Hot Pit Area (marked by mesh fencing) without signing the waiver, wearing a wrist band and obeying APBA rules regarding footwear.
7. All participants inside the restricted Hot Pit Area must follow all current APBA safety rules regarding footwear.
8. All classes with less than three boats may be combined at the Race Committee's discretion.
9. NO ALCOHOL IN ANY PIT AREAS!!! This is a State Park, law enforcement will be strictly enforcing.
10. No skateboards, bicycles, motor scooters or any other children's motorized toys are allowed outside of the designated Restricted Hot Pit Area.
11. No one is allowed underneath the Lilly Bridge or within the restricted construction area, parking or otherwise.
12. No RV's allowed to stay in the Pit Area. All RV's must utilize lodging with Bluestone State Park campground or local campgrounds, Shuttle service will be provided to and from Bluestone State Park campground only to the Pit Area.
13. All information in this Race Circular is subject to change if race conditions or inclement weather require it.
14. PRO classes will be run with three heats, one time only per weekend. PRO class schedule to be determined at Drivers Meeting.
15. There is no ethanol-free gasoline in the area. It is advised to reference www.pure-gas.org for available ethanol-free gasoline locations.
This Regatta is sanctioned through APBA
All prizes are the responsibility of the conducting Club. APBA does not guarantee nor is it responsible for payment of prizes. You are advised that this event may be canceled prior to the race due to circumstances beyond the control of this association. If you plan to travel a long distance, it is recommended that you contact the race sponsor prior to your departure to ensure this event will take place.