Scott and Linda Carson presents Inboard Western Divisionals/Yapachino Memorial Regatta
9/6/2014 – 9/7/2014
TACOMA INBOARD RACING ASSOCIATION #28
Spanaway, WA Spanaway Lake
From Hwy 512 take Pacific Hwy south to Military Rd-turn right-follow to park entrance-turn left into park-follow signs to parking
Shilo Inn - 253-475-4020 mention Tacoma Inboard for racing discount $89 a night
Camping- $50 for weekend (please look below in notes further instructions)
5 laps of a 1 mile course = 5 miles. Approved for Inboard Records - Course Elevation: 318 ft
3 laps of a 1 mile course = 3 miles. Approved for Outboard Records
Region 10 Rescue
Divisional Championships: All Inboard : Special Event - 6 Litre Runabouts see #12 in notes
Prize money for Western Divisional classes per class with 4 legal starters, and total purse difference to be paid out in tow money.
Inboard, IE and Vintage and select Outboard - 1st,2nd, and 3rd place trophies overall for the weekend.
Friday- 4 pm to 8 pm ~ Saturday- 7 am to 8 am (Motorhome parking lot) ~ Pre-registration is appreciated. Please go to Seattleoutboard.org to pre-register, click on Spanaway and follow the directions. All categories can use this site to register.
Saturday and Sunday- 9:30 am
$140 entry for all Inboard and IE classes
$25 Inboard step up classes
$20 Inboard and IE Administration fee per weekend is included in the entry fees listed above.
$120 for Vintage
Outboards: 1st class-$40 ~ 2nd class- $20 ~ 3rd class and thereafter- $10 per day
JH class- $30 per day
Kim Bussmeir, 21121 68th Ave E Spanaway, WA 98387 or go to Seattleoutboard.org to register under Spanaway tab
Race Director (11233) ANA CAPPELLETTI, 5502 220TH ST SW D-105, MOUNTLAKE TERRACE, WA
Referee (3962) DOUGLAS SHELTON, 3202 80TH ST E, TACOMA, WA
Assistant Referee (1) RICK SANDSTROM, 9700 HARBOUR PL STE 126, MUKILTEO, WA
Assistant Referee (75163) JAMES OLSON, 9315 222ND ST SE, WOODINVILLE, WA
Inspector (14065) CARL LEWIS, 7115 TIMBERLAKE DRIVE S.E., OLYMPIA, WA
Inspector (70216) WILLIAM C THOMPSON, 6550 LITTLEROCK RD SW APT 1, TUMWATER, WA
Inspector (72406) BRANDON PAYNE, 8601 232ND ST CT E, GRAHAM, WA
Scorer (14028) KIM HAMILTON, 21121 68TH AVE E, SPANAWAY, WA
Risk Manager (13274) CATHY SOLWAY, P O BOX 99, ROCHESTER, WA
Vintage Rep (74030) PAUL J RUSSELL, 2054 SADDLEBACK DR, CANADA,
Vintage Inspector (75174) JERRY KELSON, 19612 26TH DR SE, BOTHELL, WA
Surveyor: Gary Johnson
1. Camping in park $50 for the weekend, and you must stay in the park. Park gates will be locked after dark. Preregister by emailing Ana Cappelletti - firstname.lastname@example.org, if staying only 1 night, you will still be charged full price for the weekend. This if for RV parking only, no tents. Must preregister by Sept. 1st by 12 p.m.
2. Fuel must be kept in approved containers in the designated area.
3. Pit passes with valid APBA card; ID will be required.
4. Classes with less than 4 boats may be combined at the discretion of the Race Committee
5. Last chance format may be used with classes that have more than 10 boats.
6. There will be a provided dinner on Saturday evening after racing concludes for all race teams and family.
7. Closed toes shoes must be worn in restricted areas.
8. NO TESTING. We will not have any time for testing at this event. For safety concerns the Referee may allow some testing ONLY if the race committee agrees it is necessary. This is a race committee decision Maximum laps will be 2.
9. All scooters or motorcycles (any size) are prohibited in restricted areas.
10. Staging the pits on Friday starting at 4p.m. to place boats so that there isn't as much congestion on Saturday. Personnel will be provided for night security.
11. THIS IS A BABCOCK RACE
12. Special Event - 6 Litre Runabouts will be an exhibition and invitational. No entry fee.
This Regatta is sanctioned through APBA
All prizes are the responsibility of the conducting Club. APBA does not guarantee nor is it responsible for payment of prizes. You are advised that this event may be canceled prior to the race due to circumstances beyond the control of this association. If you plan to travel a long distance, it is recommended that you contact the race sponsor prior to your departure to ensure this event will take place.