2015 Travis Pond Memorial Regatta- Pro Eastern Divisionals
5/30/2015 – 5/31/2015
CAROLINA VIRGINIA RACING ASSOCIATION # 178
West Virginia Water Festival Host Committee
Hinton , WV Bluestone Lake
(From North & West): Take I-77/64 S into W. Va. to exit 40. Take I-64 E to exit 139, then south on Route 20 approx. 15 miles through Hinton to Pits Rd. on left (approx. 5 miles south from Hinton), down to pits.
(From East): Take I-64 W to exit 139, then south on Rt. 20 approx. 15 miles, take Pits Rd. on left (approx. 5 miles south from Hinton), down to pits.
(From south): Take I-77 into W. Va. to exit 14 (Athens Rd exit), take Route 20 north 21 miles to Pits Rd. on right (just past Bluestone River Bridge), down to pits.
Cabins/RV/Camping: Bluestone State Park- 304.466.2805
Lodge: Pipestem Resort Mountain View Lodge- 304.466.1800
Hotels: New Briar Lodge (NO Pets)- 304.466.4399, Sandman Motel- 304.466.1700
B & B: The Guest House, 877.854.2828
Cabins: New WV Cabins (Pipestem)- 304-466-2201
Rental Housing/Camps: Meadow Creek Hideaway 304-466-2201
3 laps per heat on an approx. 3/4 mile course (not approved for records).
Divisional Championships: PRO
Trophies for 1st, 2nd, 3rd places overall for Saturday’s races. Travis Pond Memorial Plaque awarded to 1st place in the class with the largest amount of Saturday’s entries.
Friday - in pits - 11am to 5 pm
Saturday - in pits - 7:30 am to 8:30 am
Sunday- in pits- 8 am to 8:30 am
Saturday - in pits- 9 am
Sunday- in pits- 9 am
$35 per class, per day (all classes)
Pre-registration will be available online at sports signup beginning May 1, 2015. Pre-registration will close on May 27, 2015. Please do not send entry blanks, pre-register using the website https://americanpowerboat.sportssignup.com/site. Entries will be printed for you to sign at the race site.
Race Director (3300) CHRIS JOHNSON, 609 RITTERS LAKE ROAD, GREENSBORO, NC
Referee (8170) J DAVID AUGUSTINE SR, 323 OLD LINE AVE, LAUREL, MD
Assistant Referee (10092) JOHN A HOWARD, 114 DANFORTH PL, WILMINGTON, DE
Assistant Referee (52549) ADAM ALLEN, 850 N JUNIATA ST, HAVRE DE GRACE, MD
Inspector (2406) JERRY DAVIDS SR, 106 ALBERTA DR, NEWPORT NEWS, VA
Inspector (74560) JAMES WARREN, 2608 PALMETTO HALL BLVD, MT PLEASANT, SC
Scorer (12956) AIMIE POND, 4701 OLD HUNDRED RD, MIDLOTHIAN, VA
Scorer (72090) JOYCE GOLLEY, 106 ALBERTA DR, NEWPORT NEWS, VA
Risk Manager (8310) ABBY POND, 5217 BASSETT AVE, RICHMOND, VA
1. Bluestone Lake elevation: 1,421 ft., lake depth: up to 30 ft., GPS coordinates: 37.618326, -80.915508
2. Food concessions available during the day's races.
3. Driver's Awards Party/Dinner Saturday evening at Willowood Country Club, tickets are $12 and will be available online with pre-registration.
4. Absolutely NO boats on the water without signing the waiver and receiving a wrist band.
5. If weather permits, sanctioned testing will be held on Friday 12-6:30 pm. The cost will be $20 per driver. Drivers must register for sanctioned testing by paying the $20 fee, signing the waiver, wearing a wrist band.
6. No one may enter the Restricted Hot Pit Area (marked by mesh fencing) without signing the waiver, wearing a wrist band and obeying APBA rules regarding footwear.
7. All participants inside the restricted Hot Pit Area must follow all current APBA safety rules regarding footwear.
8. All classes with less than three boats may be combined at the Race Committee's discretion.
9. NO ALCOHOL IN ANY PIT AREAS!!! This is a State Park, law enforcement will be strictly enforcing.
10. No skateboards, bicycles, motor scooters or any other children's motorized toys are allowed outside of the designated Restricted Hot Pit Area.
11. No one is allowed underneath the Lilly Bridge or within the restricted construction area, parking or otherwise.
12. No RV's allowed to stay in the Pit Area. All RV's must utilize lodging with Bluestone State Park campground or local campgrounds, Shuttle service will be provided to and from Bluestone State Park campground only to the Pit Area.
13. All information in this Race Circular is subject to change if race conditions or inclement weather require it.
14. There is no ethanol-free gasoline in the area. It is advised to reference www.pure-gas.org for available ethanol-free gasoline locations.
This Regatta is sanctioned through APBA
All prizes are the responsibility of the conducting Club. APBA does not guarantee nor is it responsible for payment of prizes. You are advised that this event may be canceled prior to the race due to circumstances beyond the control of this association. If you plan to travel a long distance, it is recommended that you contact the race sponsor prior to your departure to ensure this event will take place.