Directions from I-5 north and south: Take exit 49 off I-5 and go east on Mt. St. Helens way NE which turns into WA HWY 504 also known as Spirit Lake HWY. Follow for approx 6 miles and Silver Lake Resort will be on your right.
Silver Lake Resort - 360-274-6141 ~ 3201 Spirit Lake Highway, Silver Lake, WA 98645.
Call or go to www.silverlake-resort.com for hotel reservations or cabin reservations, mention boat races. Hotel resort on the water facing race course. Camping is allowed at resort. Campers in tents will be charged $20 for weekend. Motor homes will be charged $50 for weekend. This to be collected by SOA. Limited power hookups available. Please email Kyle for motor home spots. firstname.lastname@example.org.
Timberland Inn and Suites- (360) 274-4064 *~* Mt. St. Helens Motel- (360) 274-7721 *~* 7 West Motel- (360) 274-7526
3 laps of an approx 1 mile course. Approx 3 mile total. NOT APPROVED FOR RECORDS
Digital Clock start
National Championships: Western Stock Winter Championship
Trophies: 1st through 3rd for Western Stock Championship and All JH/JR participants.
All other classes: T-Shirts 1st through 3rd
Prize money for certain classes. To be announced by race committee at trophy presentation.
May 5, 2017 Noon - 6pm ~ May 6-7, 2017 7am - 9am
Drivers meeting will be at 9am sharp in the pits both days.
1st class $50 - 2nd Class $35 - 3rd class and more $25
JH/JR class rate: 1st class $25 - 2nd class $15 - 3rd class and beyond $15
Testing $25 per driver
Race Director (963) KYLE BAHL, 5725 158TH ST SW, EDMONDS, WA
Race Director (2499) DAVID ANDERSON, 6626 NE 182ND ST APT 301, KENMORE, WA
Referee (3202) ALLEN THORSEN, 22224 NELSON RD, BEND, OR
Assistant Referee (3935) JIM NILSEN, 3210 89TH AVE E, EDGEWOOD, WA
Assistant Referee (10074) SHERYL ADAMS, 301 S MADISON ST, MONROE, WA
Inspector (13234) JOEL POLICAR, 20908 S W WILLAPA CT, TUALATIN , OR
Scorer (72026) DENISE JOHNSON, 7314 SE 19TH AVE, PORTLAND, OR
Risk Manager (12487) DAVID SALMON, 16004 27TH AVE NE, SHORELINE, WA
1. Camping on site permitted in certain areas determined by race director. A fee is accessed. Race director will coordinate where campers and trailers are to be parked.
2. No motorized scooters or bikes allowed on Silver Lake Resort Property.
3. All minors must have their legal guardian over the age of 18 sign for them when in hot pits. Legal Guardian must be only signer for the minor, unless a signature by the legal guardian is obtained before race with notarized stamp.
4.Hot Pits will be roped off by orange mesh fencing. Those in Hot Pits must have a wrist band and signed the waiver. Closed toed shoes in hot pits during racing hours.
5. 10pm is quiet time
6. Dogs on leashes on Resort Property.
7. Local class Novice C for local points only, rules announced at drivers meeting. SUNDAY ONLY.
8. All pit areas/RV spaces will keep trailers confined to the designated RV space. No trailers, vehicles, tents, or structures of any kinds in the common area lawns of the motel, cabins, field, playground or peninsula area of the property.
9. Additional pit space in the upper tent area is fine, but not on the roadway.
10. PARKING: Minimal authorized vehicles allowed in park. All other vehicles must park on roadway or the Grange.
11. Classes will be subjected to combination by race committee if deemed necessary.
12. In case of Blow off first entries will be retained to cover race costs.
13. $5 charge to anyone paying entry fees with a credit card or debit card.
14. Western Stock Championship (Winter National) to be run Saturday of this event. If Saturday is a blow off, Sunday will be National event day. 8 bone-a -fide starters needed to be considered a Championship race.
15. Western Stock Championship (Winter National) Eliminations: 2 elimination heats will be run with 2 final heats if more than 12 entries. Elimination heats and final heats run for separate points as per the rule book. Double points will be assessed in the finals. 2016 Western Winter National Champion to be seeded in the final heats, if eliminations are necessary.
16. Testing Friday May 5, 2017 from 1pm-6pm. NO 45 testing on Friday.
This Regatta is sanctioned through APBA
All prizes are the responsibility of the conducting Club. APBA does not guarantee nor is it responsible for payment of prizes. You are advised that this event may be canceled prior to the race due to circumstances beyond the control of this association. If you plan to travel a long distance, it is recommended that you contact the race sponsor prior to your departure to ensure this event will take place.