All start and finish at either Baker Park or Riverside Park in Grants Pass, Oregon
Available at local motels and campgrounds
1) Exhibition/Boat Show on the water in front of Riverside Park Friday May 26th; 7 PM to 8:30 PM. Top finishers from Boatnik 2016 will make parade laps in front of the park prior to the Fireworks Show. Hydroplanes first, followed by sprint boats. The show will culminate with one drag boat starting its motor for the crowd, then idling back to the pit area. This is Exhibition Only, No racing.
2) Sprint Boat Exhibition; Saturday May 27th and Sunday May 28th, 2017. 12 noon to 6 PM each day. Buoy course in front of Riverside Park, approximately 1/4 mile in length. Each boat will make 6 to 7 passes thru the course each day for time.
3) Inboard Drag Boat Exhibition; Saturday and Sunday May 27th and 28th, 2017, 12 noon to 6 PM each day. Boats run a set 1/4 mile course in front of Riverside Park. Each boat will make two to three passes per day. Boats run one at a time.
4) Hydroplane Time Trials; Sunday May 28th 2017, 10 AM to 12 Noon. Course Riverside Park to Park Riffle and back, total distance approximately 3/4 mile. Each boat will make one to two passes thru the course for time. Only one boat will be on the course at a time.
5) Whitewater Hydroplane Race; Monday May 29, 2017, 10 AM to 4 PM, Course Riverside Park to Robertson Bridge, 13 miles down river. Two lap race format.
Hydros Mass Start, Sprints flagged start, Drags, Light start
Rescue teams provided by; Josephine County Sheriff Department, Oregon State Marine Board, American Medical Response, Rural Metro Fire Department and Josephine County Search and Rescue.
1) Jet Sprints; by Invitation Only, Tow money per boat. Contact Grants Pass Active Club.
2) Drag Boat Exhibitioin; by Invitation Only, Tow money per boat. Contact Grants Pass Active Club
3) Whitewater Hydroplane Race and Time Trials. Prize money by finish. Contact Cal/Or River Racers
1) Jet Sprint, on arrival or Saturday May 27th. 9 AM Pit Area. Contact Grants Pass Active Club
2) Drag Boats, on arrival or Saturday May 27th. 9 AM Pit Area. Contact Grants Pass Active Club.
3) Hydroplanes, Club membership required. Contact Cal/Or River Racers. Late registration Sunday May 28th, 8 AM Baker Park.
1) Jet Sprint, Saturday May 27 and Sunday May 28, 11 AM Baker Park.
2) Drag Boats, Saturday May 27 and Sunday May 28, 11 AM Baker Park.
3) Hydroplanes,Sunday May 28th 9:00 AM, Monday May 29th 11 AM Baker Park
1) Jet Sprint N/A, by invitation
2) Drag Boats, N/A, by invitation
3) Hydroplanes, Club Membership rerquired, contact Cal/Or River Racers for membership and entry fees.
1) Jet Sprint, Invitation Only. Contact GP Active Club
2) Drag Boats, Invitation Only. Contact GP Active Club
3) Hydroplanes, Club Membership required, Contact Cal/Or River Racers
Race Director (14741) JASON FIELDS, 725 W. WOODSIDE DR, GRANTS PASS, OR
Referee (1722) LARRY DARNEILLE, 1899 MEADOW GLEN, GRANTS PASS, OR
Assistant Referee (2341) JASON DEFOREST, 1093 NE SAVAGE ST, GRANTS PASS, OR
Inspector (70477) JERRY HULL, 710 NW 2ND, GRANTS PASS, OR
Scorer (15717) AMANDA VANOURNEY, PO BOX 1383, WILLOW CREEK, CA
Risk Manager (52186) RANDALL BROWN, 656 MCMULLEN CREEK RD, SELMA, OR
The Grants Pass Active Club hosts Boatnik each year as a fund raiser to support various youth organizations and activities throughout Grants Pass and surrounding communities
This Regatta is sanctioned through APBA
All prizes are the responsibility of the conducting Club. APBA does not guarantee nor is it responsible for payment of prizes. You are advised that this event may be canceled prior to the race due to circumstances beyond the control of this association. If you plan to travel a long distance, it is recommended that you contact the race sponsor prior to your departure to ensure this event will take place.