From I-95 - take Exit 116, go West on Highway 42, turn Right on Rock Ridge School Rd, go approx. 4 miles crossing Highway 581 (at Wilkerson Crossroads), turn Left into the pits at the Buckhorn Lake sign.
*HOTELS - Red Roof Inn (Exit 121 off I-95), 5016 Hayes Place, Wilson, NC 27896, Phone 252-234-7172 (**APBA HQ sent out a notice last fall that they have a 2019 partnership with Red Roof Inns, here is the link for discounts:
Discount Code: VP#625065 ~ https://www.redroof.com/deals/partner/american-power-boat-association)
Microtel Inn, 5013 Hayes Place, Phone 252-234-0444.
There are also many other hotels in Wilson, NC
-Rock Ridge Campground (Exit 116 off I-95, 2 miles from pits) 7030 Rock Ridge School Road, Sims, NC.
Phone 252-291-4477- call between hours of 2 p.m. and 9 p.m. Full Hookups, Pull through with 30 amp Water and Electric. Tent camping also available (4 to a tent) w/full Bathhouse and Laundry.
3 laps, approx. 1 mile course, distance 3 miles. NOT approved for records.
Divisional Championships: Stock, Modified, and Junior
Friday afternoon in pits
Saturday morning in pits- 8 a.m. to 9 a.m.
Saturday night in pits- upon completion of Saturdays racing.
Saturday- in pits - 9:30 a.m.
NOTE: Drivers meeting for Sunday racing will be held in the pits on Saturday night upon completion of Saturdays racing.
$40 per class/per day
Pre-registration available by E-MAIL to Aimie Pond at firstname.lastname@example.org by Weds. Sept 30th.
By MAIL Aimie Pond, 4701 Old Hundred Rd, Midlothian, VA 23112-4819, must be received by Weds. Sept 30th.
Race Director (901) SHAWN BREISACHER, 368 KNOLLWOOD DR, HAMPSTEAD, NC
Referee (1863) JOHN RUNNE, 110 SPRING WATER CT, NEW BERN, NC
Assistant Referee (3943) CHARLES GONYEA, 3465 TIMBER RIDGE LAKE ROAD, LIBERTY, NC
Inspector (76581) KURT ROMBERG, 11392 CEDARVALE FARM PKWY, MIDLAND, NC
Scorer (12956) AIMIE POND, 4701 OLD HUNDRED RD, MIDLOTHIAN, VA
Risk Manager (8310) ABBY POND, 5217 BASSETT AVE, RICHMOND, VA
* Driver School on Friday, 10:30 am to 1 pm
* Sanctioned testing on Friday after Driver School ~1:30 pm to 6 pm, $20 per driver. Drivers must register for sanctioned testing by paying $20 fee, signing the waiver, and wearing a wristband.
* Southeast Divisional Championship will be held on Saturday, with Sunday as blow out day
* Stock classes - does not include 45SS and Classic Division, will not run 45SS and Classic Division.
* Classes without enough entries will be combined, cancelled, or run one heat.
* Food concessions during the day. Dinner in pits on Saturday night.
* The Race Committee may move forward with Sundays race schedule if Saturdays racing finishes early.
This Regatta is sanctioned through APBA
All prizes are the responsibility of the conducting Club. APBA does not guarantee nor is it responsible for payment of prizes. You are advised that this event may be canceled prior to the race due to circumstances beyond the control of this association. If you plan to travel a long distance, it is recommended that you contact the race sponsor prior to your departure to ensure this event will take place.