Jet Chevrolet / Business Elite - RUN FOR THE RECORDS
4/29/2023 – 4/30/2023
PACIFIC NORTHWEST BOAT RACING ASSOCIATION #496
Yelm, WA Lake Lawrence
I-5 SOUTHBOUND: Take Hwy #512 east bound to Parkland Exit. Go South on Hwy #7 thru Spanaway. Take right fork onto Hwy #507. Roy is 4 miles. Go thru Roy to McKenna. Go thru McKenna, across the bridge and left on Vail Rd SE. Left at 153rd (Lake Lawrence fish sign). Stay on 153rd, go past fire house. Turn right at Scenic Shores Dr SE, right onto 155th Ave SE and left into Scenic Shores Community Club. Follow signs to camping area. You will be driving thru residential area. Go slow and quietly.
I-5 NORTHBOUND: Take exit #88 to Hwy #507, follow signs to Yelm, continue thru, take right on Vail Rd. Follow above directions at this point.
Prairie Hotel ~ 360-458-8300 ~ *Mention Pacific Northwest Boat Racing Association for the 10% discount
Weekend camping at Scenic Shores park: $80 PER VEHICLE (NO OVERNIGHT CAMPING SUNDAY NIGHT)
Parking space for the weekend. $30 per tent. (NO OVERNIGHT CAMPING SUNDAY NIGHT)
No power hook up.
Generators off no later than 10 PM.
Quiet time enforced.
Pet Boarding at McKenna Kennels (360) 458-2981 or you may park in lot 4A, outside the park. PETS OF ANY KIND ARE NOT ALLOWED IN PARK AS IT IS A WELL HEAD FIELD.
Concessions on-site at Scenic Shores
Saturday and Sunday: 4 laps of a Record 1-1/4 Mile Course for a total of 5 miles.
Course Elevation: 429 feet
BE SURE TO COME TO REGISTRATION EARLY ENOUGH TO BE FINISHED AT CLOSING TIME.
**Late Fee For Anyone NOT Pre-Registered By April 28th!**
FRIDAY, APRIL 28 - AT RESORT - 5 PM TO 7 PM **
SATURDAY, APRIL 29 - AT RESORT - 6:30 AM TO 8 AM **
SUNDAY, APRIL 30 - AT RESORT - 7 AM TO 8 AM
Scenic Shore Park entry: $10 per person per weekend -or- free with PNBRA membership card -or- under 14 years of age.
Saturday & Sunday - At Resort / Registration 8AM. There may be an Inboard and Outboard Drivers Meeting both days.
Inboard $200, Vintage $185 (If Pre-Registered by 4/28)
(Entry Fee’s DO NOT Include - APBA Category and Promo Fee’s: Inboard $25 & Vintage $10)
Inboard Step-Up Fee - $70
Stock, MOD, classes - $60 1st class, $45 2nd class, $35 3rd class - Per Day.
AXH and KPRO R Classes - $40 Per Day.
Pre-Registration must be received by April 28th (Entry Blank Submitted)
If Not Received, Late Fees are: Inboard - $75 and Outboard - $35.
Registering at Race Site without submitting entry blank will result in Late Fee.
$5 Charge Per Credit Card Transaction
All classes must have enough entries for records.
NO checks will be banked before the event.
Jan Shaw - email completed registration to firstname.lastname@example.org
Race Director (75326) STEPHEN PARKER, PO BOX 3313, RENTON, WA
Referee (917) CHARLES R DODGE, 23102 29TH AVE W, BRIER, WA
Assistant Referee (1) RICK SANDSTROM, 9700 HARBOUR PL STE 126, MUKILTEO, WA
Inspector (71277) DAVID TONGE, 16819 A ST S, SPANAWAY, WA
Inspector (75174) JERRY KELSON, 19612 26TH DR SE, BOTHELL, WA
Scorer (50525) JAN SHAW, 3006 W PRAIRIE BREEZE AVE, SPOKANE, WA
Risk Manager (9942) MATT YARNO, 4918 184TH PLACE SW, LYNNWOOD, WA
Vintage Rep (76521) STEPHAN AIRD, 4407 38TH AVE SW, SEATTLE, WA
Vintage Inspector (15607) MICHAEL CURRIE, 16678 LEMOLO SHORE DRIVE NE, POULSBO, WA
Surveyor (2732) RUSSELL K DODGE, 11939 EXETER AVE NE, SEATTLE, WA
APRIL 28 IS SET UP ONLY! NO Testing or Running of Engines without Committee Approval***
1) ABSOLUTELY NO PETS!!! THERE WILL BE A $500 FINE!!! *** THEY ARE NOT ALLOWED PER PARK RULES
2) NO DUMPING OF CAMPER OR MOTORHOME WASTEWATER. $500 FINE * * *
3) NO OIL SPILLAGE. IT MUST BE CONTAINED AND YOU MUST TAKE IT HOME WITH YOU. * * *
4) Please TRANSPORT All Personal Garbage Home With You. * * *
5) CLOSED TOED SHOES REQUIRED FOR EVERYONE * * *
6) NO Underage Drinking or Marijuana Use Will Be Tolerated in Park!!!
7) NO Motorized Scooters, ATV, Skateboards Unless Used Only to Launch BOATS!
8) On-site Food Vendor is pending
9) NO Camping or Motorhomes in Crane Pit Area. * * *
10) Inboard Safety Inspection starts Friday April 28th @ 4pm in the Resort. It is the responsibility of each owner to come to safety inspection with their safety inspections sheet that can be downloaded at www.apba.org.
11) Scenic Shore Park entry: $10 per person per weekend -or- free with PNBRA membership card -or- under 14 years of age.
12) Park Gate Hours (4/28 - Noon to 9pm, 4/29 - 6:30am to 9pm, 4/30 - 6:30am - 6pm) unless Arrangements Are Made in Advanced.
13) In case of Blow off first entries will be retained to cover race costs
14) Docks Will Be Limited To (2) People Per Boat Over The Age Of 16!
15) NO MOTORIZED VEHICLES WITHIN 50\' OF WATERFRONT AT SCENIC SHORES except on the paved boat ramp!
16) No Pop-Up Tents Over Boats in Crane Pits During Racing or While Crane Is Running.
17) Crane Pit Area Vehicle Parking Rules
• All vehicles in the crane pit area “REQUIRED” to have the Washington Dept. of Fish and Wildlife (Discover Pass) State of Washington laws. If traveling from out of state, contact Race Committee so arrangements can be made.
• All vehicles will receive (1) PNBRA Parking Pass that is ALSO “REQUIRED” PNBRA Parking Pass to be allowed in the crane pit area.
• If you have a Support Vehicle that needs to be in Pit/Parking Area please contact Steve Parker
• Any Vehicle Parked on the Road COULD BE TOWED.
• DO NOT BLOCK NEIGHBORS DRIVEWAYS!
• Contact Steve Parker (206) 406-8630 for more info
18) Boats in Crane Pit will not be moved until racing is completed or without approval
19) All minors must have their legal guardian over the age of 18 sign for them when in hot pits. Legal Guardian must be only signer for the minor, unless a signature by the legal guardian is obtained before race with notarized stamp. For additional information contact Jan Shaw or Pat Yarno.
20) Race Committee may conduct breathalyzer testing starting at 7am each morning prior to drivers meeting per APBA GRR
21) If elimination heats are required in the Inboard Category, finalists will be based on time, not placement in elimination heat ***
22) Classes Will be Assigned A Tear Down Duty.
All prizes are the responsibility of the conducting Club. APBA does not guarantee nor is it responsible for payment of prizes. You are advised that this event may be canceled prior to the race due to circumstances beyond the control of this association. If you plan to travel a long distance, it is recommended that you contact the race sponsor prior to your departure to ensure this event will take place.