From Seattle area (via I-5), take Hwy. 30 exit at Longview, cross Columbia River and take Hwy. 30 west to Astoria (Alternate - take Hwy. 12 south of Olympia south to Hwy. 101 then to Astoria). Head south on Hwy.101 50 miles; lake is just past the High School at 12th Ave. From south (via I-5), take Hwy. 22/18 from Salem to Hwy. 101; head 55 miles north on Hwy. 101 to Rockaway. See www.coraracer.com for more information
Surfside Motel (1 block from pits across Hwy. 101) 503-355-2312 * * Tradewinds Motel 800-824-0938 * * Silver Sands Motel 800-457-8972 * * Other local motels. Camping/RV: Barview Jetty Park - 5 miles south of town 503-322-3522. Sorry - NO CAMPING IN PITS. (except Risk Manager) See www.coraracer.com for more information.
3 laps of an approx. 5/8 mile course. NOT approved for Records. Number of boats per heat may be limited at Race Committee's discretion. Eliminations as needed.
Oregon Race Rescue
Saturday after racing.
Saturday, 8/22/2009 - in Pit area - 7:00 AM-8:30 AM. * * * Sunday, 8/23/2009 - in Pit area - 7:30 AM-8:30 AM. * * * Please pre-register online at www.seattleoutboard.org or www.coraracer.com
Saturday, 8/22/2009 - in Pit area - 9:00 AM. * * * Sunday, 8/23/2009 - in Pit area - 9:00 AM
$40/$30/$20 for 17 and over.* * * $25/$20 for 16 and under.
Denise Johnson, 7314 SE 19th Avenue, Portland, OR 97202-6254. Please pre-register on-line at www.seattleoutboard.org or www.coraracer.com
Race Director (10387) MIKE JOHNSON, 7314 SE 19TH AVE, PORTLAND, OR
Referee (3935) JIM NILSEN, 3210 89TH AVE E, EDGEWOOD, WA
Assistant Referee (6635) PATRICK GLEASON, 10608 95TH ST SW, TACOMA, WA
Inspector (70786) MIKE BARTLETT, 1929 23RD AVE, FOREST GROVE, OR
Scorer (72026) DENISE JOHNSON, 7314 SE 19TH AVE, PORTLAND, OR
Risk Manager (1141) KENNETH KAISER, 40405 NW MURTAUGH RD, NORTH PLAINS, OR
* SORRY NO MEGAPHONE EXHAUSTS ON ANY ENGINES - NO EXCEPTIONS.
* NO FRIDAY TESTING
* No race trailers in pit area prior to 3:00 p.m. Friday, August 21, 2009 (except Race Committee)- parking of trailers will be assigned.
* Race trailers only in pit area - vehicles will need to be parked outside the pit area at Race Committee's discretion (unless boat is car-topped).
* $10 Trailer fee for weekend.
* NO CAMPING IN PITS (exception - Risk Manager for overnight security).
* Starting of race motors allowed only between the hours of 9:30 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. Saturday & Sunday.
* In case of a blow-off day, the first entry will be retained to help defray costs.
* Any scratches must be filed prior to the conclusion of Drivers' Meeting that day, and any refunds associated with a scratch must be taken care of before the conclusion of the weekend.
* $25 fee for dislodging a buoy.
* SUNDAY Babcock Award Alternate Race
* Please pre-register online at www.seattleoutboard.org or www.coraracer.com.
This Regatta is sanctioned through APBA
All prizes are the responsibility of the conducting Club. APBA does not guarantee nor is it responsible for payment of prizes. You are advised that this event may be canceled prior to the race due to circumstances beyond the control of this association. If you plan to travel a long distance, it is recommended that you contact the race sponsor prior to your departure to ensure this event will take place.