Fairfield Inn discount room rate of $89.00 (standard rate of $94-$134) per night for race attendees, includes a Continental Plus breakfast with waffles, yogurt, cereal, fruit, and juices. Call Dave Nebeker for room details (208) 670-0646. Super 8 exit 208 north of the freeway (208)678-7000.
4 Laps of an approx. 1-1/4 mile course - 5 Miles. Not approved for records.
Safety & Rescue: Minidoka Co. Sheriff Dive Team.
Type of Start: Flag from Timing Tower. GN: Semi-Lemans Start.
Minidoka Co. Sheriff Dive Team
Race Dates: June 26, 27, & 28, 2009 * * *
Classes: 5 Ltr, 2.5 Ltr Stock, 1 Ltr, Cracker Box, Super Stock, K Racing Runabout, Pro Stock, GN Class, Comp Jet. * * *
Local Classes: Nostalgia Flat and Nostalgia Jet * * *
FRIDAY NIGHT SHOOTOUTS RACE: SS and COMP JET will run shootout races on Friday. KRR, GN, PS, and Nostalgia classes will not run shootouts. 1 Ltr, 2.5 Ltr Stock, and 5 Ltr will run two heats on Friday for National points. (Draw for start position), one lap, timed qualifier; six fastest boats transfer to Dash, 4 lap dash. Flag start, except GN, all APBA Rules of Racing will apply, but Dash results will not apply towards APBA or Series points. $500.00 Shootout cash prize money paid for 1st ($250), 2nd ($150), and 3rd ($100) place.
SATURDAY & SUNDAY RACES: All APBA Rules of Racing will apply. Flag Start, 6 boat qualifier heats, 8 boat final. Draw for lane assignment for qualifiers and finals. Last chance heat format may be used. Saturday and Sunday GN will have a 5 minute tune and test and a 20 lap main event.
SATURDAY AND SUNDAY: SS, PS, CJ, 2.5 LTR WILL BE PAID $500.00 TOW MONEY. (NO TOW MONEY FOR JUMP UPS). KRR - $1,000.00 PER BOAT REGISTERED. GN - $500.00 TOW MONEY. MOYLE MINK COAT GIVEN TO RACER CLOSEST TO ESTABLISHED BURLEY RECORD. NOSTALGIA FLAT, CB,1 LTR, AND 5 LTR: 1ST, 2ND, & 3RD PLACE TROPHIES ONLY. NO PRIZE MONEY. TO BE PRESENTED AT ELKS PAVILLION AT RACE SITE, JUNE 28, 2009 AT 6:00 P.M. (MINK COAT AND TROPHIES). NO HOST BEER GARDEN. DRIVERS AND OWNERS MUST WEAR COLLARED SHIRTS REPRESENTING THEIR BOAT, AND CREW MUST WEAR SHIRTS WITH BOAT IDENTITY.
THURSDAY, JUNE 25 - 6:00-8:30 P.M. AT BJ'S SPORTS BAR LOCATED EAST 5TH NORTH IN BURLEY. FOOD WILL BE AVAILABLE FOR PURCHASE. * * *
FRIDAY, JUNE 26 - RACE SITE - 11:00 A.M. - 3:00 P.M.
June 27 & 28 - Race Site - 10:00 a.m.
$200.00 per boat, plus $20.00 I-IE promo fee (fee to be sent with registration) postmarked by June 19, 2009. After that $225.00 per boat, plus $20.00 I-IE fee. This includes 6 pit passes and 1 vehicle pass. NO extra vehicle passes will be available. $45.00 for extra weekend pit passes.
Nostalgia classes, CB, l Ltr, & 5 Ltr are exempt from $200.00 registration fee. Racers must be APBA members and pay applicable promotion fees.
Burley Regatta Committee, Inc., P.O. Box 64, Burley, ID 83318
Race Director (3277) MARK MOYLE, 571 E HIGHWAY 81, BURLEY, ID
Referee (52218) DICK PRICE, 12905 78TH AVE E., PUYALLUP, WA
Assistant Referee (2014) JIM CODLING, 9200 WALLINGFORD AVE N, SEATTLE, WA
Assistant Referee (52111) KEN NIEMANN, P O BOX 1448, POULSBO, WA
Inspector (53593) DON MOYLE, 571 E HIGHWAY 81, BURLEY, ID
Scorer (51233) CAROL J DODGE, 11939 EXETER AVE NE, SEATTLE, WA
Risk Manager (72359) MARK MAIER, P O BOX 64, BURLEY, ID
* PLEASE DO NOT PARK YOUR RACING TRAILERS UNTIL FRIDAY MORNING AT THE RACE SITE. SOMEONE WILL BE ASSIGNING PARKING. OTHERWISE, IF YOU PARK ON THURSDAY, YOU WILL BE ASKED TO REMOVE YOUR TRAILER.
* THURSDAY, JUNE 25, 9:00 A.M. IDAHO REGATTA GOLF SCRAMBLE AT BURLEY MUNICIPAL GOLF COURSE (RACE SITE). PRIZES FOR BEST, WORST, AND LOTS OF FUN. TEAMS MIXED BETWEEN RACERS, SPONSORS, AND THE PUBLIC. CONTACT MINI-CASSIA CHAMBER OF COMMERCE FOR REGISTRATION AT (208) 679-4793.
* THURSDAY, JUNE 25, 6:00-8:00 P.M. BJ'S SPORTS BAR LOCATED ON EAST 5TH N. IN BURLEY. RACERS URGED AND INVITED TO DISPLAY THEIR BOATS FOR A SHOW AND SHINE.
* FRIDAY-TESTING - NOON TO 3:00 P.M. QUALIFING FOR SHOOTOUT EVENTS AT 3:00 P.M. DL EVANS BANK FRIDAY NIGHT SHOOTOUT RACES STARTING AT 6:00 P.M.
* FRIDAY, JUNE 26 - 8:30 A.M. TO 10:30 A.M. BOATS WILL MEET AT SMITH'S FOOD KING PARKING LOT FOR A BOAT SHOW.
* FUEL WILL BE SOLD BY UNITED OIL. CALL GARY FOR DISCOUNT PRICES 208-734-2631.
This Regatta is sanctioned through APBA
All prizes are the responsibility of the conducting Club. APBA does not guarantee nor is it responsible for payment of prizes. You are advised that this event may be canceled prior to the race due to circumstances beyond the control of this association. If you plan to travel a long distance, it is recommended that you contact the race sponsor prior to your departure to ensure this event will take place.