Inboard Racing Commission Makes Two Big Decisions This Week
SUMMER NATIONALS MOVED!
The Inboard Racing Commission wishes to announce two decisions made this week. At the IRC meeting on Tuesday evening, May 26, 2020, the summer Nationals were moved to Oak Harbor whose race dates are Sept. 12 & 13, 2020. Due to the Covid situation, the club requested this move in the best interest of Inboard Racing. In addition, the board voted that the Mays Landing race planned that same weekend on the East Coast would still be eligible to receive points for both days of their race. This is because of our unique situation we are in this racing season.
INBOARD CHALLENGE SERIES CANCELLED
On another topic, the IRC Committee for the Inboard Challenge Series met at the direction of the IRC on Wednesday, May 27, 2020 to discuss what should be done about the series for 2020. The IRC had asked the committee to make a decision regarding the 2020 season. Do we cancel? Pro Rate the monies? Do we keep the series in place for the 2020 season?
The committee after much discussion made the following decision.
It was decided that the Inboard Challenge Series be cancelled for the 2020 Racing Season. However, since one race had already been run, the points earned at the race in Lakeland would be put into the bank and used for the challenge in the 2021 Racing Season.
The committee believed that to prorate the monies would do nothing to cause someone to go to a race and at this point, there were too many questions about future races.
- Race in Peace, Steve Hearn
- Big Rapids, MI - Unofficial Results
- IN PERSON ANNUAL MEETING CANCELLED
- Board of Directors and Council-at-Large ELECTION RESULTS
- Region Nominations are OPEN
- Rule Changes per Board of Directors on 6.15.2020
- UIM Newsletter - July 2020
- Board of Directors Meeting 6-15-20
- Modified Outboard Racing Commission Meeting Minutes 6-22-20
- Race in Peace, Jeff Williams
- A Light at the End of the Tunnel
- APBA National Championships and Where They Stand
- Inboard Racing Commission Makes Two Big Decisions This Week
- 2020 OPC Rulebook
- APBA Moving Forward