Vintage and Historic Committee - 2022 Rudders Inductees
VINTAGE AND HISTORIC COMMMITEE ANNOUNCES THEIR 2022 “RUDDERS” INDUCTEES
In 2021, the Vintage and Historic Committee adopted the formal recognition program entitled “RUDDERS”.
It is with immense pleasure the Vintage and Historic Committee announces its 2022 inductees: George ‘Buddy’ Byers, Jr; the late William ‘Bill’ Edwards; and David D Williams.
RUDDERS recognizes the ceaseless commitment of individuals to the growth, longevity, and historical preservation of APBA’s legacy. Founded in 1994, Vintage & Historic’s charter was simple and dedicated to the active preservation and demonstrations of America’s powerboat racing history.
Those charter members (and countless others, thereafter) shared a common goal of fun, educational, entertaining, and safe demonstrations of these historical craft at speed. Throughout its history, many individuals (owners, drivers, mechanics, crew chiefs, builders, promoters, officials, sponsors, etc.) have contributed to this committee’s common goals. Many of these long-term contributors have gone unrecognized and it is this program’s intent to recognize theirs' and others' ceaseless contributions to the APBA Vintage & Historic Committee.
These three respected and revered representatives of Vintage & Historic will be honored and inducted into RUDDERS at the upcoming 2023 APBA National Meeting in Seattle, Friday, January 27, 2023. Congratulations to these well-deserving recipients and their families.
-Jeff ‘Nemo’ Buckley (Chairman, V&H Committee)
- APBA Announces Rebrand
- 2023 Inboard Racing Season Rule Proposals
- Vintage and Historic Committee - 2022 Rudders Inductees
- APBA Heading Home
- 2022 Hall of Champions Inductees
- Mike Gibby Gibson Junior Driver Award
- 2022 Inboard Championship Challenge Standings
- Scoopomaniacs Academic Excellence Award
- 22-23 Region and Commission Election Results
- 22-23 Board and Council Election Results
- Region Nominations
- BOD and Council Biographies
- 2023 BOD and Council Nominations
- OPC Safety Rule - Effective Immediately
- HQ Closed for Memorial Day